May 28, 2014

Chateau du Chillon, Switzerland



I figure instead of writing a huge amount of descriptive words poorly stringed together, perhaps Switzerland would be best described if you could see it for yourself. 

First (1) photo is of me (yes, I know I'm awkward) in front of the Chateau du Chillon. We had to park a while away and walk alongside the train line and decided this would be a good enough angle to take photos from! I think it turned out alright... 

Second (2) photo is from a window on the highest part of the castle. For those who don't know what a chateau is and hasn't guessed it already, means castle...mostly...The majority of the roof and towers look like this from the outside with the inside looking like a stereotypical medieval castle you'd see from movies or Game of Thrones. Probably more so Game of Thrones.

Third (3) photo is from a window inside the castle looking out toward the South. I thought it was just the perfect view to have from a window. The stone slabs are extremely thick, I'd estimate at around half a metre at the thin points. Taking this photo did scare me a bit as I had to lean out and stick my arm out over the water. I am slightly paranoid of dropping things down places where I can't retrieve them.

Fourth (4) is from what I believe was the "womens area". It isn't technically called that but in the description of what the room was used for, it basically described that the females in the castle would spend most of their days in this particular room doing whatever was req. Unless they had to leave the room of course.

Fifth (5) photo was simply taken because I have never seen a white swan before! I live in Western Australia. We only have black swans there so seeing a white one was just weird. Personally think the black ones are prettier but that could just be me being biased. I suppose if you're accustom to seeing white swans this could be a strange photo to post up but I figured it was a part of my experience in Switzerland, and why not!



No comments:

Post a Comment