July 1, 2014

♡ Finding Clarity ♡

I've never been a person to find clarity and peace in other objects. Sure, when my room is messy I feel like my mind is overrun and cluttered. Cleaning it makes me feel like I'm capable of thinking clearly and originally. But for clarity or peace, I've never been able to find a place to go to gain it. I've always had to sit and wait, frustrated, mad, waiting for this rare thing to happen. But for the first time last week, I found it. 

I was on the way home at 8am on Monday, the train line to get from Perth to my house runs alongside the river. I was staring out the window absent mindedly, trying to avoid the awkward stares with strangers, when I found myself feeling peaceful, in awe, and clear minded from staring at the river. With everything untouched for that day, clean crisp winter air, smog covering the far side of the river before the bend. Everything was...ready. It was perfect.

Whenever people talked to me about finding peace of mind or clarity, I've always looked at them as these weird hippies who are living in a fantasy world. The idea of it just seemed unnecessary and unimportant to people with busy lives and things to do. Now after experiencing a moment of clarity, I kind of get it.
Since finding this little piece of paradise for my mind I've decided I'm going to head back there when the weather gets a bit warmer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment