July 14, 2014

♡ Rearranging My Bedroom ♡



Last week I decided to move all the furniture in my room around. No real reason. Just felt like changing things up! Once I finished moving things around and tidying up, I realised I was missing something and my bedroom didn't quite look finished. So I headed on down to Kmart and picked up three 4 Cube storage pieces for $19 each (bargain considering I was thinking about getting them from ikea for $59ea.) in white, as well as some little, what I think would be called "accents", for the cubes! 
I started off with the basic 3 cubes of course which costed me $57AUD in total which is brilliant. As I had moved my shorter bookcase into my closet, I didn't have anywhere to put my jewellery stand or candles so ontop of the cubes became the perfect spot for those. I already had the jewellery stand and most the candles, but I found a Vanilla & Fig candle in Kmart for $6 and it smells amazing. I've been trying to find a nice vanilla scent for a while, I wasn't too sure about the fig but once I had smelt the candle there was no going back. I also got the fake plant from Kmart for about $5. I have a lot of fake plants in my room as I think that every room needs to have some kind of greenery either in it or visible from the window and being on the second story I don't really get a huge window view of any plants. I also got two plastic containers for $2 each and the white ceramic glass for $7. Previously I was storing my makeup in a giant pile on my drawers so I figured this was a cleaner, more organised way to store everything. The ceramic owl was only $7 which isn't too bad. It's quite large and doesn't really have much purpose other than decorative so I was happy enough to pay the $7. As there are now 12 cubes for me to fill and I don't have any idea what each of them will contain, I figured it'd be nice to have one or two with something decorative in them. LASTLY, I got the owl doorstop. This one was $3 on clearance. For months now I've been hammering my Mum to install a door stopper on the skirting board behind my door (as I'm terrified of using a drill) and I saw this whilst I was browsing around and thought it would suit my room perfectly and now my door can remain open without slamming shut. 

For now I have quite a few empty cubes. I do plan to fill a few with some more little bits and pieces. One cube in particular I am working on with a collection of things which I will reveal eventually (probably as a haul of sorts or monthly favourites).

No comments:

Post a Comment