July 17, 2014

The Problem I Have

I'm the type of person who wants to learn new things and master them in a respectively short time frame, or spend a large amount of time doing so. I also want to learn new things at the same time and perfect those. Even if I wasn't going for mastery or perfection, I still feel the need to become confident and good at doing it. This has led me to become time inefficient.

I want to be an academic. With high grades, a broad spectrum of knowledge, and smarter than my old self by a long shot. At the same time, I want to be a gamer. To be able to immerse myself in a game and be good at it and enjoy myself. I also want to be fit, which requires regular exercise. I wish to be creative with drawing and sewing and be able to do marvellous things with this skill.

I wish to do all these things, but to do these things all at once. In my own perfect little world, I would have time to study for hours, play games with friends for an unreasonable amount of time, be able to go to a dance class or do some yoga at night time with some running or swimming in the morning. To be able to take some time out after dinner to shower and bathe and be a girl with the face masks and moisturisers and all that stuff. Also to spend time in the kitchen making food without worrying how early or late it has to be ready. 
In my perfect little world, an entire day would probably be about 36 hours long if not more.

Something I need to figure out is balance. For now I have not managed to find that. The things I need to do like work, study, remain somewhat healthy, I have been lacking on. The things that are (really) unnecessary like playing games, reading for leisure when I have other things that I need to read, they become my priorities.

New tasks for the next 6 weeks;
  • Get my studying up to date and done
  • Fit some exercise in somewhere, anywhere, as long as it exists at least twice a week.
  • Reduce gaming time to night times with an introduced self curfew (lame)
  • Try to have some fun that doesn't involve technology.

Not too sure how I'll go but we'll definitely find out by the end of August (come on will-power, be strong).

No comments:

Post a Comment