April 2, 2014

Aren't they Cute?!

Hey Guys! 



So over the weekend I decided to get back into sewing and made two cute felt owls. The idea behind them was something easy to make that didn't require a lot of money to buy material. In total, including the stuffing, it came to around $27AUD. What really secured the idea of making these was having the excuse of sending them to my two gaming teammates, Lauren and Domika. Plus I'm obsessed with owl designs.

Overall it took about a day to make them both. Hand-sewing on both eyes and the beak, machine sewing the rest of it. 
Making the coloured "feathers" shapes and sizes fit together and overlap a certain amount was probably the most frustrating thing.
I am glad I did it though, it was a fun project and interesting to see the difference between the two shape wise as it was all cut free hand. 
Hopefully next time when I decide to make something similar that includes stuffing, I'll plan it a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment