April 14, 2014

John Green - Looking For Alaska

I hate reading books that are typical and boring. My first impression of John Green’s Looking For Alaska was that it was a typical teenage romance novel. Forcing myself to read on, disregarding the urge to hide it somewhere and forget I ever purchased a bad book, I found after reading for a while I was beginning to enjoy it. The tone had changed from a romance novel to a more so social theme. Less interactions with the attractive girl and more with the male peers. Shortly after though it had changed back to romance. The tone flicks back and forth quite frequently.


With each chapter title a countdown of days before an unnamed event, and eventually a count of the days that had passed after the unnamed event. I’ve found that having each chapter with these titles quiet intriguing.
Comparatively, Looking For Alaska is an easy book to read. The writing style is laid back and informal. The language easy to follow regardless of the depth of your vocabulary.



I’d give this book a 5/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment