April 25, 2014

♡ I have an urge ♡

I have the urge to write. And keep writing. Write poems, or novels. A series, however terrible it turns out (and my poetry would probably be just as bad).

I was sitting at the dining table, absently listening to the conversation the others were having. My attention peaked when they started talking about how my Great Aunt Joanne spent all this time researching before she wrote her book, Trade Girl

I began thinking about how when I was younger. Before I had a computer, before I watched tv and played games on consoles. How I used to beg Mum to buy me an exercise book from the grocery so I could write stories and plays and poetry. I gave up on them. A lot. I ended up with mostly empty exercise books that I refused to touch as they had been tainted with the beginnings of a different tale.

Being away on a holiday with little internet and a lot of spare time to contemplate between outings, I’ve also been really wanting a new book to read. Soooo I started toying with the idea of writing, but I don’t quite know what to write about. I want it to be something a bit longer than 20 pages, but also something good to read, something that requires a lot of imagination and interpretation. Something that has good characters and people can get really in to. I need something original and comfortable, which are two things that don’t quite fit together normally without some kind of fear.



I’m not sure if I should be writing something like Joanne did, based in an era with historical events to make it real, or something completely imaginary and different to everyday life as we know. At the moment everything I come up with ends up sounding lame and boring, it’s all been done before. I’m still toying with the idea, just not quite sure where to start..

No comments:

Post a Comment