April 23, 2014

Too many planes...


Never again will I travel on a plane for 15 hours. Never. Ever. Again. I will give QANTAS a bravo for such good service and the most decent plane food I’ve ever had.

When I arrived in Dallas Fort Worth, the immigration line was massive. It took my Grandparents and myself a good hour to clear the line. When we reached the immigration officer, we were fingerprinted and photographed. For security purposes I’m sure, however I’m not so sure I like the idea of having my fingerprints in someones system for good. 

With our spare 40 minutes between flights we sat down for a quick snack and coffee. The nearest place that had seating and food was a cantina. The walls were covered in paintings of spanish women and a seemingly endless playlist of spanish music in the background. I can’t remember the name of it and it smelt weird, but a place that sold food was all I needed. Craving chips, or fries, the only way I could get my hands on them was by ordering a cheeseburger. I didn’t quite think it through. The burger was roughly the size of my entire head. Americans…

Our next flight from Dallas to Charlotte only lasted 2 hours. Small seats, crowded, no service or any form of inflight entertainment. I was only awake for 20 minutes of it thankfully. I managed to get my iPod out and sleep listening to music. Waking up a few times when bass lines or the treble were a little bit too loud to be comfortable.


Needless to say I was overdue for a shower. Once I had arrived at my Grandmothers sister’s house, Joanne, the bed I was given was like heaven compared to my previous sleeping arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment