April 21, 2014

♡ Flights ♡

So for those who don't know, I'm currently travelling with my Grandparents to the US and through Europe. So far I've only flown one leg, Perth to Sydney. A dreadful 5 hours on a plane to be driven straight across to the International Airport where we stayed overnight in an attached hotel. 

In about 3-4 hours my Grandparents and I board our next flight to Dallas where we will then board another flight that continues onto Charlotte, North Carolina. To say that I really dislike the idea of this next flight is a bit of an understatement. 15 hours on a plane. Two inflight meals. With a two hour wait for the next flight, which only takes 2 hours, I get a little tired just thinking about it.

Now I haven't spent too much time alone with my Grandparents. Usually my Mum or my siblings accompany me. So far I've confirmed what I already know. 

My Grandfather loves his history and can talk about it for hours on end. Last night I hypothesised different ways a nuclear war could begin and how different countries would behave and what treaty's would be called into play. With him knowing every single treaty signed and how each country is would respond by using past events as a basis, it was a quite interesting conversation.

My Grandmother is rather quiet. Though she always has been so that wasn't really much of a surprise. She looks after me and questions how and where I will sleep and what pillow I'll use and making sure I have everything with me when I leave planes and airports. Though she did forget her Nintendo DS on the last plane...

No comments:

Post a Comment